July 2, 2008
No more indoor accidents with WizDog Indoor Dog Potty! If you are housebreaking, have an older, incontinent dog or just one who won't go out in the rain or snow, this is for you.
WizDog Indoor Dog Potty consists of a durable plastic pan and a fitted grate. When you pet does his/her business, the liquid waste dispenses through the grate onto newspaper or a pee pad, which is separated from your dog's paws. Solid waste stays on top of the grate, so you never have to touch it. Just flip the grate, and it's gone.
No more wet paw tracks throughout your house, ripped newspapers or refills. No worries if you are caught in traffic or sleep late.
WizDog Double for dogs over 40 lbs.
July 1, 2008
Heavy-duty Hyper Dog Pooch Post will stay put even with the largest dogs. We are all familiar with dogs wrapping themselves around stakes and not being able to move.
If and when it becomes necessary to tie up your dog outside, the heavy duty Hyper Dog Pooch Post 360-degree swivel head allows your dog to move freely without getting all tangled up. You can set it up and leave it--when it's time to mow the grass just remove the swivel head.
Don't forget to be sure your dog has plenty of shade and cool water as the sun moves! Hyper Dog Pooch Post for dogs up 150 lbs.
June 25, 2008
Let your pet heal in comfort with Comfy Cone. After surgery, so many vets send their patients home with the uncomfortable and unwieldy plastic white cone around their head, making the pet feel even more miserable and strange. The cone blocks out peripheral vision, so the pet bumps into walls and furniture, knocking things over.
Comfy Cone is made of nylon laminated onto ½ inch foam, so the Cone is soft and yielding while still being sturdy and protective. The many positive features include:
- Has elastic loops to thread the pets own collar through to keep the Comfy Collar secure in place and keeping it from being pulled off or from falling off
- Allows your pet to eat and drink in comfort
- Collar can be folded back when eating and drinking or when checking wounds and irritations.
- Velcro closures and tabs which adjust to many sizes and opens so you do not have to put pet's head thru Comfy Collar
- Unique reflective binding to help protect you and your pet while going outside at night for walks and bathroom breaks
- Water resistant and repellent
- Easy to wipe clean and dry.
- Fold flat for easy storage.
- More eco-friendly than the plastic e-collar
Available in Small, Medium, Large and X Large
June 23, 2008
One thing about pets is they usually don't exactly savor their food. If you have a pet that eats too fast, this Brake-Fast Bowl should improve their table manners. They have to work around the prongs and can't engulf the food quite so fast. Hopefully they will feel fuller and not want to eat so much.
- Helps reduce the risk of Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus, aka Gastric Torsian or 'Bloat')
- Slower eating makes an animal feel more full and reduces instances of 're-eating'
- Veterinarian tested and recommended
- Works with kibble or canned food
- Elegant, no-tip shape
- Durable, dishwasher safe plastic
Small: 1-1/2 cups for small breeds, flat face breeds & cats.
Medium: 5 cups (for Beagle to Bernese Mt. Dog).
Large: 8 cups (for giant breeds).
June 22, 2008
If you are noticing that your wild bird seed is disappearing awfully quickly, most likely squirrels are climbing and jumping on to raid the goodies.
You could install a Squirrel Baffle, which may or may not deter the villains. Or, if you are handy, jerry-rig one yourself.
But, why have this:
Which results in this:
When you could have this:
Squirrel Be-Gone III Triple Tube Bird Feeder is functional and will embellish your yard. The feeder is beautifully adorned with filigreed oak and maple leaves and a brushed copper finish. Features:
- Nine staggered feeding ports close under a squirrel's weight
- Holds three different types of seeds
- Weight-sensitive perches frustrate squirrels
- Metal cage surrounding feeders is sturdy to prevent destruction
Many styles and varieties of squirrel-proof bird feeders to suit everyone are available at Drs. Foster and Smith and Amazon.
Don't miss the Wild Bird Feeder Sale at Drs Foster and Smith ending June 30.
June 17, 2008
The Petmate Le Bistro Electronic Portion-Control Automatic Pet Feeder is an affordable option when you want to feed your cat or dog on a "demand" schedule, whether you are home or away. Features:
- Fully automatic pet food feeder
- Programmable from 1-3 feedings per day
- Control the portion per feeding from 1/4 cup up to 2 cups per feeding
- Removable bowl for easy cleaning
- Food reservoir holds up to 5 pounds of food
The Petmate Le Bistro Electronic Portion-Control Automatic Pet Feeder can be set to meet scheduled feeding times and amounts when owners are away, but it is not meant to replace the TLC that they all need. Once or twice a day, someone should check on cats and dogs left alone.
June 6, 2008
The apty named Pavlov's Cat Interactive Treat-and-Food Dispenser trains your cat to use the scratching post by rewarding him/her with food. Features:
- Scratching post doubles as treat-and-food dispenser for cats
- Rewards scratching by releasing treats or dry food; 4-1/2-cup capacity
- Heavy plastic construction ensures durability; carpeted scratching surface
- Paw-shaped base can be filled with sand or litter for added stability
- Measures 13 by 13-1/2 by 20 inches
Pavlov's Cat Interactive Treat-and-Food Dispenser
June 5, 2008
Your wrestling days are over! Pill Pockets for Cats and Pill Pockets for Dogs:
- Makes pill taking easy
- Designed to carry your pet's pill medication inside
- Yummy beef, chicken and salmon flavors
- No more forcing a pill down your pet's throat
- Veterinarian designed and recommended
Also available in convenient Pill Pockets 6-Pack.
June 4, 2008
We have featured GPS Pet Tracking Systems periodically at Super Cool Pets: the Zoombak Advanced GPS Dog Locator, the Garmin Astro, as well as the PetCell™. A stolen or lost pet is one of life's agonies, but these GPS systems can save the day and make that misery a distant memory. Here is an update on another state-of-the-art GPS Tracker.
The Retrieva GPS Pet Tracking Collar system has a lockable collar, made from anti-cut material with automatic interference alert to discourage pet theft. Owners can log on to the system's website and zero in on the exact location of their pet on the site's panel. If your pet leaves a pre-determined area, an alert will be triggered and a text will be sent to the owner's phone.
It uses three tracking technologies, satellite, mobile and radio transmitters, so your pet can be found virtually anywhere--inside buildings, underground, in cars or in dense vegetation.
One feature for the owner we particularly like--if you feel endangered while walking your pet, you can hit the Retrieva's panic button to call for help.
More features from the site:
* Contains 3 different tracking technologies (satellite, telecom and radio frequency) to enable location in virtually every environment
* Has 'sky-view' GPS antenna to optimise performance
* User-programmable for changing operational performance and reporting frequency
* Global coverage with appropriate SIM card
Anti-Theft (Security) Features
* Has locking buckle with automatic interference alert (via SMS text) if the buckle is tampered with whilst locked
* Made of anti-cut material with automatic interference alert (via SMS text) if any attempt is made to cut it
* Can alert the owner (via SMS text) if the dog roams out of any pre-defined safe area or enters a forbidden area
Design and Convenience
* Programmed and delivered so that it is 'ready to use'
* Comfortable, stylish and integrated collar design, with reinforced webbing strap
* Waterproof and dustproof to IP67
* Adjustable for size to ensure comfort and security
* Suitable for virtually all dogs - small, medium and large
* Harness version available (late 2008) with the same features for very small dogs
* Self-diagnostic button on the buckle to allow user to assess performance
* Create virtual fences wherever you go
* Communicates directly with your mobile phone, the internet and/or a hand-held receiver
* Automatically alerts you of many events by SMS text, including low battery alert and dog leaving a safe area
* Optional 'easy release buckle insert' available for use in environments where you would not normally put a collar on your dog but may still wish to track it. Useful for all types of working dogs. If the collar does break free you will receive an automatic alert of this event by SMS text. (Nb. Insert cannot be used with a lead. It is bright yellow and tagged with a clip to the D-ring to remind you to remove it if necessary).
Retrieva GPS Dog Tracking Collar via Chip Chick
April 25, 2008
If you like to write things down to stay organized, or think you should....we have found just the site. Simply Checklists, as the title suggests, has free, ready-made checklists in 18 categories, among them "Pets".
Each checklist has a printer-friendly link, and by printing from this link, an advertising-free checklist will pop-up on your desktop in a PDF format, which of course you can print and/or save to your computer.